Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
The Sales Specialist will focus on new account service and support outside sales representative in winning new accounts. The Sales Specialist will also participate in installations and resolve any customer concerns. The ideal candidate will need to communicate at all levels internally as well as within external customers. In addition, the Sales Specialist will make decisions and direct work flow autonomously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support direct, indirect and strategic accounts channels through: prospecting for new accounts, supporting current accounts, product demonstrations / installations and distributor Sales rep training
- Assist in the transportation of demonstration equipment between reps and regions
- Maintain and nurture a strong business relationship with all customers and partners
- Maintain strong knowledge of all products and applications
- Participate in seminars and trade shows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BachelorÔ s degree and a minimum of two years of business experience in a sales or sales support role.
- Ability to effectively present and demonstrate products and services to a wide range of buying influences.
- Strong aptitude for presentations, demonstrations and training
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Organize and prioritize business and activities to make the most efficient use of time and resources.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge with existing company technology.
- Time management and prioritization: balance time between post sales follow up, new account development, demonstrations, and ongoing support.
- Effectively use technology to communicate, manage data, record and retrieve customer contacts, and access essential information about our business.
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the sales process.
- Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety
- Must meet physical requirements of the position including ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.